I'm parked waiting for the red-eye back east, and reflecting on how international DefCon has become. I spent some time in the Chill-Out room with a managed-security guy from Tokyo, and discovered that he had come out just for the three-day DefCon event. Interesting on several levels: That he felt it worth it to him to fly ten hours for a weekend, and that the price for Black Hat was still high enough to discourage him from staying two extra days for the briefings.
While I'm missing the last day of DefCon, I was pleased with most of the sessions that I attended. The staffers can certainly still work on crowd flow and management, but that's going to always be a problem with 7000+ attendees. This would be a great opportunity for a local university to lend a hand with a student project (Industrial Engineering?)
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment